Friday, December 31, 2010

Is it finished yet?

 So Christmas came and went and I went to Baltimore for a few days after Christmas.  I figured it would be fine;   they are making good progress and I won't be in the way.  I took Betty and Annie with me, so there were 2 less dogs to get in the way.  Then the winds came.  They were just as windy in Iron Gate as it was in Baltimore.  Wind gusts of 50mph +.    Mr. Kelley called me Monday morning to let me know they wouldn't be working because of the high winds.  They were going to do the dry wall, which meant cutting it outside, and with the winds it would be difficult.  Fine, I said...see you Tuesday.
   Tuesday and Wednesday came and went.  Cliff texted me pictures of the dry wall. Everything seemed to be going smoothly.





Mr Kelley called me probably once a day both days.  Progress was being made.  I came back home on Thursday and the workers were here.  They were installing the vanity, the mirror, the lights over the mirror and the new toilet.  Yea!  While they were outside,  I sneaked into the bathroom to see what had been done.  The "cabinet" around the water heater was basically a new wall put up with a full size door.  The vanity was put in, but because of this new wall it made it difficult to stand in front of the vanity.



And when I mentioned this to Mr. Kelley, he told me it was fine. You can stand in front of it with no problem!  Then his grandson showed me they couldn't move the vanity over any further because of the outlet on the wall.  And apparently they were finished so he couldn't, or wouldn't move the outlet.  Then he changed the subject on me. And acted as though his job was done.

They also removed the heater from the kitchen;  My mom is giving us a cabinet to put here :)



the oil tank outside of the house, they didn't paint behind the tank so now there is a nice white spot!



 and trimmed down the front door! Now it opens all the way!!!


Today is Friday and Mr. Kelley is hopefully going to be able to install the ceiling fan in our bed room.  Because of the drop ceiling, he said he may not be able to install it.  Oh please, please don't let this be a problem.  I am also going to talk to him about this vanity awkwardness.  Let's hope this won't be an issue either.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment